Ava's Bible Verse Memorization
Here is video we want to share of Ava reciting the ten Bible verses she has memorized so far.
Some of these she has learned as a result of Steve Green's video/cd "Hide 'Em In Your Heart" - which I highly recommend! Others she has learned as a natural effect of us talking about them at home. And others she has learned from books we read.
Once we have learned a new verse, I add it to the others on a posterboard, so we can look back over them and keep ourselves refreshed. We say all the verses several times a week, to help us keep them in our memory.
Kids learn so fast that it is just amazing how quickly they can memorize, but most importantly, it is wonderful how easily they understand the truths of God's Word and how willing they are to apply God's Word to their little lives.
Corrie ten Boom's father told her, "Girl, don't forget that every word you know by heart is a precious tool that [God] can use through you."
- Clap your hands all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy. How awesome is the Lord Most High, the great King over all the earth! - Psalm 47:1,2
- Sing and make music in yourheart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. - Ephesians 5:20
- Jesus said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."
- For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only So, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16
- This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down His life for us. - 1 John 3:16
- Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. - Colossians 3:20
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13
- When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. - Psalm 56:3,4
- The Lord watches over all who love Him. - Psalm 145:20
- new one: Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3
Wonderful beyond expression!
ReplyDelete