Laughing. A Lot.
A friend of mine posted a question on Facebook which received 27 comments before I read it. Her post read,
I hope that if you are feeling stressed (or even if you aren't), you find some time to smile and maybe even laugh. God wants to see your face with a happy expression every now and then, you know. Go ahead right now....
Form a smile on your face.
Beautiful.
Now make it a little bigger.
"How do you manage stress or what do you do to relieve stress? Curious! :)"
I enjoyed reading the many responses. When I added my own answer, I wrote,
"I re-prioritize and possibly omit some things that are not of eternal importance or will not be remembered/matter in a year. I also like worship music, fresh air/walk, and when I really can't take it anymore I start jumping around the room like a lunatic until the kids have joined me and we're all laughing."Sometimes, we just need laughter. After all, the Bible does tell us in Proverbs 17:22 that "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Can you manufacture laughter? Well, we do at our house. You can choose to laugh and smile, just like you can choose to frown or sing or dance.
I hope that if you are feeling stressed (or even if you aren't), you find some time to smile and maybe even laugh. God wants to see your face with a happy expression every now and then, you know. Go ahead right now....
Form a smile on your face.
Beautiful.
Now make it a little bigger.
Great! Now hold that expression and watch this video of Ava and Landon and myself taking some time to laugh together....
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading! You are welcome to leave your thoughts...