Ava Moments - Little Girl Turning 4!
Happy 4th Birthday to our most precious, wonderful, fun, adorable (I could go on and on) little daughter! We Love You, Ava!!!
I have a Facebook account and most of my posts end up being about something my children have said or done, so at the suggestion of my friend, Karen, I decided to gather them all and post them here for you to read. Here are some memorable (for me) moments of Ava's during this past year when she was 3 years old....
Tim: "I'm pooped."
Ava: [Gasp!] "You pooped in your panties?"
Ava: [Gasp!] "You pooped in your panties?"
(I'm still laughing!)
I now know why weeds grow so well - I caught Ava praying, "... and, Lord, please help the yellow flowers grow tall."
Ava asked me if pirates say, "Yo ho! Yo ho!" Then she said she was confused because she wasn't sure now what Santa says. I replied, "Santa says, 'Ho ho ho!' and we say, 'Howdy!'" Ava laughed and said, "No we don't, Mommy. We say, 'Hi!' - 'Howdy' is for Spanish kids."
Ava just informed that she put the picture she colored up on her wall. With glue.
Do you think I can ship Landon in the mail for 88 cents? Ava has stuck stamps to his forehead and is chanting, "We can stick him in the mail! We can stick him in the mail!"
Ava was playing "Teacher" and I was th
e student. She was teaching me about butterflies and she described it this way.... "Well, some bugs are caterpillars and they change into raccoons and then they change into butterflies!" Isn't she wonderful? :)
Today, Landon was being mischievious, and I said to Ava, "What are we going to do with him?" Ava responded matter-of-factly, "I guess we'll just have to put him outside and let him get lost."
Tonight, when Ava had me laughing over something-or-other, I said, "Oh, Ava. You're so goofy. Where did you come from?" Her wise response was, "Well, God made me this way!"
Ava came up with a new excuse for not being asleep and hopping out of bed.... "My hair won't be still."
Ava just scratched my back and sang "Jesus Loves Me." This is good stuff. I wonder if she's too young to wash the dishes.....
"If you want to change your mind, change your mind." Spoken by a very wise 3-year old.
Ava just had a polite disagreement with a man at the Wildlife Center who told her that she is an animal. "I am not. I'm a people!" she said, and she stuck with it, even though he was insistent. That's my girl. We're all about spreading the truth around here!
Ava decided that Landon need a moisturizing treatment - evident by the vaseline caked in his hair. Even after a bath, he looks like Esther Williams after filming a lengthy movie.
Just finished watching my baby boy slowly fall asleep safely in my arms and just finished really watching my precious little girl sing night-time songs about Jesus to her doll. I'm very very blessed.
This evening I heard Ava call out, "Oh no! Mommy's shoe!" After a couple seconds, she came rounding the corner holding my wet flip flop. Yep, Landon had thrown it in the toilet and Ava had heroically fished it out.
Ava just asked if she could watch a tv show. When I replied that she could, she said, "Precious Mommy. Good little Mommy."
Ava just told me the words that every mother longs to hear... "Mommy, I love you more than potatoes and, you smell like green beans."
Last night at VBS, I heard Ava introduce herself to another little girl. She said, "My name is Ava, and I am a princess." Then Ava proceeded to go into her ballerina pose and twirl. So funny. Should I be worried?...
Ava was playing with her toys in the bathtub and when I went in to wash her hair, I discovered she had already washed it.... and....she used 10 oz. of shampoo to do it!
After Ava's bath, I was drying her off and she was cold. She said, "This is the most trouble problem ever!" It's a good life when your biggest "trouble problem" is being clean and temporarily cold!
After Ava's bath, I was drying her off and she was cold. She said, "This is the most trouble problem ever!" It's a good life when your biggest "trouble problem" is being clean and temporarily cold!
Good memories with my little girl, and there are so many more to make!
You can see more birthday party photos at my other blog Mommyhood Craft Corner.
Happy Birthday to your princess....my own princess is turning 18 on Monday the 11th and when she turned 4 she had a Cinderella party with little princes and princesses....lol...your daughter's costume reminded me of that! a wonderful tribute you have shared of your daughter's last year! Blessings to you!!
ReplyDeleteI have a sister who will be actually she turns 5 next month. Your ideas and pictures are grand.
ReplyDeleteVisit me and i would love to have you as a follower.