Little Buddy Update - 19 months and growing
We don't have any family who live near by and get to see our children often, so I thought I would update our family and friends on what Landon is up to these days (Ava is growing and amazing us daily, of course, too - but that's another post for another day)....
Landon is 19 months old and a CUTIE (if I do say so!)
- He waves hi and bye-bye to everyone.
- He blows great kisses.
- If you ask for a hug and he happens to be in the right mood, he'll give you one.
- He loves to dance - really dance.
- He holds up his tiny pointer finger when you ask him how old he is.
- He loves bathtime, but he particularly enjoys pouring water outside of the tub (which makes me crazy).
- He doesn't talk much, but he grunts a lot.
- He knows where his nose is.
- He loves to feed himself with a fork or spoon, and he does a good job at it.
- When he is hurt, he shows you where it hurts.
- Milk is definitely his favorite drink.
- He gives high-fives.
- When he sees I'm getting him something that he really likes, he laughs a laugh that I can't describe to you, but it is very funny and cute.
- He sleeps 11 to 12 hours a night and takes a 2 to 3 hour nap in the afternoon.
- He blows on his food when we say it's hot.
- He has an obsession with toothbrushes and toothpaste.
- He loves remotes. (It must be a guy thing.)
- He has an adorable smile.
- He knows how to turn door knobs and open the doors. And he LOVES to do it. [Sigh from me.]
- He can climb onto anything and everything.
- He prefers to eat crayons than to color with them.
- He prefers to eat playdough than to play with it.
- If he gets away from me at the store or the park, I have to kick it into high gear to ever catch his fast little legs!
- He likes my broom.
- When we pray, he clasps his hands together.
- When he wants his teeth brushed, he opens his mouth as wide as he can and says, "aaaahhhh!"
- He adores being outside. When he wants to go outside to play, he finds his shoes, and then grunts and "talks" about it until I put them on and take him out.
- He is always up for a walk in the stroller.
- He is absolutely precious to me!
I know there is so much more that I'm forgetting, and tomorrow he will probably do something else that could be added to the list. But I have to stop. I need to go to bed, so that tomorrow I will have the energy I need to chase him out of the bathroom cabinets, clean crayon marks off of the floor, grab him out of the garden, and give him lots and lots of hugs and kisses.
Hang in there and keep up the good work. You are doing a wonderful job of raising two great children. Thanks for this "Little Buddy" update; it was fun to read. Looking forward to catching Landon and hugging him myself :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mom - I have a great example! Maybe I'll get a hug, too!... :)
ReplyDelete