Thankful!

This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful to have Tim's parents from Wyoming visiting with us for several days. Unfortunately, we don't get to see them often, since we live so far apart, but I'm glad they are here now. I found some ideas to promote thankfulness that I wanted to share. These ideas are (mostly) taken from a book by Lynn Bowen Walker called Queen of the Castle.

o Find Bible verses that focus on praise and promises from Jesus. Write the verses on small slips of paper, roll them into tiny scrolls, and insert them into homemade rolls before baking. At Thanksgiving dinner, have each person break into the roll and read his "thankfulness fortune" out loud before the blessing. (Paper with ink on it inside a dinner roll works just fine - I've tried it!)

o Take Thanksgiving guests one at a time into another room, ask them what they're thankful for, and tape-record or video their responses. Play back the tape/video for everyone between dinner and dessert.

o Read aloud a favorite psalm before dinner.

o Let your children make homemade place cards for your guests. On each card, have your children include something about that person for which they are thankful.
"Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations." -Psalm 100:1-5

Comments

  1. The photo of Ava smelling the rose looks like it was taken by a professional photographer. Actually, I don't think 99 out of every 100 professional photographers could have done so well. Excellent job. And it is so very, very precious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! You are welcome to leave your thoughts...

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Doing So Much More

Listen, Obey, and Be So Glad You Did!

Encouragement